Do you use Google? I bet you do more times a week than you search anywhere else. Does your name bring up the YOU you want others to find?
Google searches are a great way to see how others see you as a professional online. Google search engine displays the latest and the most fed resources for you when it orders what is seen online.
Try a Google search for:
1. Your name.
2. Your name with your middle initial too.
3. Your name and your profession (e.g. Kim I Plyler, Communications).
You may be amazed at what comes up and where it comes from. Hint, there are ways to update and refresh pictures that may have been updated on your website, or tool, but still shows the previous picture that isn’t updated.
What are you learning about your presence online? Is the picture and information it’s finding on you accurate, up to date, and available?
Today spend 15 minutes on the above searches as well as the 3 below:
1. Search for your profession in your town, area of the state, and country.
2. Search “Reviews about ” in a search.
3. Search and tune into the most brought up topic, article, or video about you.
It’s important to know what Google fetches regarding you, and it’s a good idea to also check the other search engines too! (Bing, etc)
Have a great day!